Learning Swift hasn’t ever been more accessible. Here are some fantastic resources I’ve gathered — from beginner to expert!
: Level: Beginner — Intermediate
- From knowing absolutely nothing about Swift, Xcode and iOS development — you will grasp the basics of working with Swift, MVC architecture, and beyond!
- Drawing and animations.
- Core Motion and Camera
- Fundamentals of Object Oriented programming.
Learn to design & code for iOS 11 — 9$ month
Level: Beginner — Intermediate — Advanced — Expert
- Designing iOS, Apple TV, iPad apps.
- Shipping your product.
- Beginner to advanced Swift programming.
Hacking With Swift — Free
Level: Beginner — Intermediate
Hacking with Swift is the go to book for learning Swift.
- Constants and variables, UITableView, UIImageView, FileManager, storyboards
- Asset catalogs, UIButton, CALayer, UIColor, UIAlertController
- UIBarButtonItem, UIActivityViewController, URL
- loadView(), WKWebView, URLRequest, UIToolbar, UIProgressView, key-value observing
- Lots more!
- Auto layout
- Stack views
- Table views, tab bar and navigation controllers
- Animations and visual effects
- Working with maps, 3D touch and user notifications
- Supporting multiple languages
- Embedding/showing web content on a native iOS app.
iOS 11 & Swift 4 — The complete iOS App Development Bootcamp — 9.99$ — 49.99$
- Concepts of Object Oriented Programming (OOP): The type system, variables, functions and methods, inheritance, classes and protocols.
- Control Structures: Using If/Else clauses, Switch statements and logic to control the flow of execution.
- Data Structures: How to work with collections, such as arrays and dictionaries.
- Software Design: How to organise and format code for readability and how to implement the Model View Controller (MVC) design pattern.
- Networking: How to make asynchronous API calls, store and retrieve data from the cloud, and use the JSON format for server communication.
- Machine Learning: How to make artificially intelligent apps using iOS 11’s new CoreML framework.
- Augmented Reality: How to create 3D objects in augmented reality and create incredible animations and real-life interactions using Apple’s latest ARKit framework.
- Core Data, Realm and other forms of persistent data storage.
Intro to App Development with Swift (Apple Education)— Free
- You’ll get practical experience with the tools, techniques, and concepts needed to build a basic iOS app from scratch
- You’ll also learn user interface design principles, which are fundamental to programming and making great apps.
While a little expensive, they will gladly offer you a refund if you didn’t find it useful.
You have 30 days to try out my course, risk free! Even if you tell me that you didn’t have time to try it or you changed your mind, just email me within 30 days and I’ll gladly give you a full refund.
- 6 proven modules of video training that will unlock your potential and help you sail past “The Hump”
- You’ll have a strong, practical foundation in Swift, Xcode and app development best practices
- You’ll have a portfolio of 4 real apps that you can use for interviews or to show your friends
- Custom classes
- If statements and for loops, optionals — basic operators.
- Navigation and UITableView.
- Auto layout
Swift playgrounds (Apple) — Free! (iPad only)
Awesome Swift— A collaborative list of awesome Swift libraries and resources. Feel free to contribute!
raywenderlich.com — Lots of Swift, iOS and MacOS tutorials.
AppCoda Weekly — Must-read Swift & iOS programming articles that take your skills to the next level. Deliver every Tuesday!
Awesome iOS Newsletter — A weekly overview of the most popular iOS news, articles and libraries
What better way to learn than actually building stuff with Swift? Here are some challenges worth giving a go.
30 days of Swift — Build a Swift app every day, for 30 days! No exceptions!
A lot of information to soak in, hope you found it useful!